Monday, June 2, 2014

Hobo Musings

I was driving to work today; a cloudy day. The light was turning red, so I started to slow down.

Looking to my right, I saw a man in a neon-green t-shirt sitting in front of the tanning salon. The light turned red, so I stopped.

He was smoking a cigarette and staring across the road. A bald man, with a shaggy, grey beard. The light was still red.

I kept looking. The man took a puff of his cigarette, and then ran his other hand through what was left of his hair; an exasperated look on his face during this process. The light was still red.

The man kept doing this pattern, with very little pause in between: Puff, run hand through hair, puff, run hand through hair, etc.

The light turned green, and I started to pull away. In my rear-view mirror, I could still see this man, doing this same pattern.

Fin

No comments: